My word nerd tendencies can be found in pretty much every aspect of my life. Where I spend my time, how I spend my money, what I choose to talk about… usually revolves around the almighty word.
Last October we moved into our new house, and this summer as we were getting ready to host a family reunion breakfast (for around 40 people!) I realized that I still had a bit of decorating to do. I also noticed that quite a few of my decorations leaned toward the literary persuasion. And because I am not shy about my word-nerdy-ness… I decided to share them with you.
2. A close-up of the framed page art I purchased at Target last week.
3. The three pieces of framed page art, as they hang from above the mirror in my bathroom.
4. A printer box, that used to hold letters for a printing press, now hold my knickknacks, including a metal bookmark, now re-purposed as a decoration.
5. In my basement, book cases and copies of my books (framed by my husband as a gift to me each time one is published) help to decorate the space.
6. A poster autographed by my favorite author hangs on a wall to decorate my yet to be finished writing space.
7. This massive Z was one of the first pieces I bought for our new home. It was from the craft and hobby store, Michaels, but I don't believe you can buy them anymore.
9. This final item was also a house warming gift from one of my long time friends, Sarah. She knows me pretty well, huh? Thank you fellow word nerd, for adding to my literary decor collection.
** I'm not sure where my friends purchased these gifts (#8 and #9), but if we are lucky, they might chime in, in the comments below. :) **
What do you think? Which one is your favorite?
What’s your obsession? Does it show up in your home décor? Comment with a picture below! Until next time nerds, happy writing and happy decorating!